The Dosimeter-Radiometer measures the UV Dose (energy) and UV Irradiance inside the UV Curing Equipment and is a Self contained one channel device. The Dosimeter- Radiometer is traceable to the National Institute of Standards (NIST). Units of measurement for the UV Dose (energy) are Joules per square centimeter (J/cm2) and units for UV Irradiance are Watts per square centimeter (W/cm2).
- Reads spectral range of 320-400nm.
- Factory calibrated prior to shipment and calibration is traceable to the National Institute of Standards (NIST). Click here for recalibration services.
- Calibration is only required once per year.
- Stores results of last measurement until the beginning of the next reading even when unit is turned off.
- Turns off automatically after 5 minutes if no new buttons are pressed.
- Sensor location is in the middle of the housing.
- Internal temperature sensor detects excessive high heat that can damage unit. An alarm sounds at 750 C, unit shuts off at 800C.
- Powered by 2 AAA batteries (not included) good for 3000 readings or 2000 hours of use.
- Low battery indicator displays on LCD screen when batteries are low.
Exposing the LCD display to high intensity UV radiation will cause irreversible LCD damage.When taking measurements, be certain the LCD display side is facing away from light source.Also, the detector side of the unit should not be exposed to UV light for longer than 5 seconds or damage could occur.